Thursday, June 1, 2017

New Personal Birding Record

My initial goal in doing another Birding Big Year was to beat my Big Year total from a few years ago.  My old record, when I was much more of a novice birder, was just 93 species in one year.  After a little more than a month, I have moved past that number.

91. Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) - Gunflint Lake, MN
92. Black-and-White Warbler (Mniotilta varia) - Gunflint Lake, MN
93. Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus) - Gunflint Lake, MN
94. Nashville Warbler (Vermivora ruficapilla) - Gunflint Lake, MN

My next goal for this Big Year is to reach 100 species.  I also want to add a significant number of birds this year to my life list.  The Indigo Bunting and the Nashville Warbler were both added to the life list on June 1st.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Thank you again for Birding Canoe trip! BTW, we just saw a male Oriole in Derby,KS- first time we have seen that kind of bird here in six years! -Tim

    ReplyDelete